Cultivating Change Rules
Cultivating Change Rules
Total Grant Funds Available: $90,000
Grant funds will be awarded in the following quantities and denominations:
5 - $3,000
7 - $5,000
4 - $10,000
Funding Determined in two ways:
- Peer Voting: Grant funds will be awarded to applicants who receive the most peer votes.
- Grant Committee Review: Applicants will have their applications reviewed by a grant review committee. This committee will make the final determination using a review scorecard that examines the following areas:
- Project Purpose – considers whether the application identifies the project's purposes clearly and the need is addressed properly
- Sustainability – considers whether the application demonstrates the project's ability to self-sustain
- Expected Measurable Outcome – considers whether the application clearly describes at least one distinct and quantifiable outcome
- Budget – considers whether the requested funds are reasonable and consistent with project goals
- Project Plan – considers whether the application clearly describes the activities to be performed to accomplish project objectives
- Applicants can be awarded funds from both decision making bodies.
Applicant must be a Greener Fields Together (GFT) approved local farmer or working toward becoming an approved GFT farmer by submitting all required program paperwork by October 25, 2016 and, if necessary, food safety audit scheduled by March 31, 2017 and passed by July 1, 2016.*
*Information on becoming an approved GFT farmer can be provided by the PRO*ACT distributor in your market or by visiting the Greener Fields Together Website - Business - Local Farms - Become a Partner or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant must use the grant money for the purpose specified in their application.
- Applicant must share project results with PRO*ACT & GFT.
- If selected, applicant agrees to co-market using social media and existing marketing channels.
- PRO*ACT and GFT have the right to use the applicants name, image, etc for promotional purposes.
- No specific grant amount is guaranteed.
- A form 1099-MISC will be issued to the IRS for each winner as the grant is taxable income.
- Applicant must have the capacity to receive and manage grant funds responsibly and have the skills and experience necessary to undertake the identified project.
- Applicant must demonstrate that thoughtful consideration is being given to the technical challenges of project.
- Applicant must articulate a compelling plan for how the project will impact his or her business or operation and/or that of the community in which they operate.
- Applicant must provide a comprehensive budget plan that demonstrates financial prudence.
Application Process and Notification:
The application is to be submitted online. Visit our website CultivatingChange.org during the application period for required paperwork. Once it is submitted, the applicant will receive a confirmation email. At this point, the application can no longer be amended. All applicants, regardless of status, will be notified of the decision by email by January 15, 2017. Grant checks will be mailed in the following month.
Reporting and Compliance:
- Grantee holds full legal and financial responsibility for the project.
- Grant funds are subject to audit; receipts must be kept by grantee for 6 years.
- Grantees will be required to complete one or more post-grant award surveys. These reports help PRO*ACT and GFT determine the overall impact of the grant program, assess the need that exists in local agriculture across the country, and highlight grantee successes. Recipients who do not complete the survey(s) may compromise their eligibility to apply for future awards, and may have funds rescinded.
By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives irregular votes including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, Greener Fields Together reserves the right to disqualify the entrant at its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, Greener Fields Together reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
Publicity; Use of Personal Information
By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.